Monday, May 20, 2013

May 19, 2013:

Helllllo! I made it through my first week of Transfer one! fewf.. This week was awesome but super long. I'll start with Wednesday. We went to meet with a lady named Homma but it was kinda far so we got on the train and while we were on the train we met this girl, Kurumi, and we taught her all of lesson one! It was super awesome. Then we met up with Homma. She was this cute old lady who we found in the area book. We sat down at this cafe and she pulls out the Buddhist bible and starts trying to convert us. haha It was so awkward and so funny. We talked for like an hour and she wouldn't hear what we had to say about our church so we had to leave it at that. She was seriously BEGGING me to join because I was American. Its funny here because I am one of the only white people in this area so everyone stares me. At least I hope its because I'm white and not because I have to wear a helmet. haha Okay so that was funny and then the rest of the day was awesome. We got like 5 phone numbers and made an appointment. AWESOME! Later that night we taught eikaiwa (English class) it's every Wednesday. So I'm teaching the advanced class and that day I had eaten a LOT of treats... ha also I was getting a really bad migraine...so I'm teaching and half way through I just said "okay talk to each other in English I'll be right back" and I went and threw up. haha It was kinda funny and I got to go to bed at 830 which was great. But the rest of the week has been good! The language barrier is probably the worst because I just want to share everything with these people and I can only say the simplest of lines. Luckily, my companion can translate pretty well for me so I know what's going on. Okay, on Saturday we were fishing with an investigator just on the edge of a little lake and all of a sudden I start swaying and I thought I was imagining it but then I look over and everything is swaying. I like shouted to my companion "is this an earthquake?!?!" I was so excited. It was my first earthquake ever! It was small and so awesome.  I loved it. Okay I think that's about it. I love teaching and talking to randoms on the street. Oh, its awesome because I'm the only foreigner so I can pretty much do what ever I want. Going up and talking to people in Tokyo is not very common so being the only foreigner makes it easier. I just start talking in English and they get excited to try and speak it back. Its fun ha okay. That is it. I LOVE YOU ALL! Thanks for the support! Keep up the good work at home! Aishite imasu!!!!
Love Amy

PS my birthday is in a week and a half and that's how long it takes a letter to get here sooo.... Just if you feel like you want me to have a good 20th, go ahead and send a letter this way. 


May 14, 2013: This letter was pretty short because we had already Skyped that morning (Monday night our time) It was a late Mother's Day call but so great.  She gave us a Skype-tour of her cute little apartment (she has a washing machine and a laptop-spoiled!) and we "met" her darling companion.

Hello hello hello! or should I say Konichiwa? Everything is fantastic! I spent the first few days here on splits with some sisters in Shibuya! The heart of Tokyo. Sooo fun! I loved it there! Now I am with my companion Kuwahara Shimai in Urawa! Which I also love! She is Japanese but pretty fluent in English so she helps me a lot. I really love her! Not too much is going on cause things have been crazy from getting to Japan earlier than we were supposed to. I don't know why they sent us early.. But I love it here!! So I'm happy about that. haha I haven't had any crazy food or anything yet. We had P-day and it was super busy and I bought a bike! That was stressful since I don't know anything about bikes.. ha. But after p-day we went and taught two lessons. It made me in such a better mood than I was in! It was awesome. It surprised me how instantly I was happy after starting to talk to Yurina. I don't have like any time though so I will write next week! LOVE YOU ALL! Thanks for the emails and sorry I don't have time to separately answer each! 愛しています!! 

May 8, 2013 Amy got to call from the San Fran Airport during her layover. She arrived in Tokyo late on Thursday, May 9, 2013!!

With President and Sister Budge and her companion Sister K


May 4, 2013:

Today is my last P-day here!! WOOO! 4 days and I cant WAIT! 日本に行きます!!!! I cant wait! It'll be so fun and Dad is so right. Going somewhere awesome really adds to the adventure. Japan here we come!! Yesterday we had "In-field orientation" It was all day but it was good. I actually really enjoyed it. Dad, can we pleeeease go to Italy for a few months after I get home? Every time I hear of someone going to Italy my heart breaks. I want to go sooo bad. Lets see... The language is kinda  coming. I feel like I've learned a lot but at this point I just need to start talking more and listening more. aka send me to Japan!! I just can't stop thinking about wanting to get there already!! Luckily I have Sunday tomorrow which is usually a chill day that always flies. Then we have classes and everything on Monday but Tuesday we have half the day to pack. I'm really nervous about my bags being too heavy. I don't know what I would send home! I'm super over the MTC food that's for sure. I cant wait to eat Japanese food. Oh, yesterday we had to go to the doctor for my companion and it was at JAMESTOWN! We drove right passed the opening for our neighborhood. I was dying. I'm ready to leave here and just get going on the mish...um.... I don't know what else.. things are super awesome. I loved my MTC experience and I'm happy I made it through. I have grown soooo much. So thank you all for your support. I LOVE YOU! 愛しています!!

No comments:

Post a Comment