Friday, May 31, 2013

May 26, 2013

Hello! I'm on early because we're going to Kamurakura to go sight seeing for pday!

This week was awesome! sooo many miracles! My favorite one was this woman named Y***. Her mom is a member but she always denies any missionaries that try and teach her. We went over and just chatted and made friends with her. We started to teach the plan of salvation and she started talking about how its not fair that everyone cant go to the Celestial Kingdom. We kinda started panicking (she's really sensitive and has depression issues) So then I said, no one is perfect and that's why we need Jesus Christ to get there. She all of a sudden opened up which is supposedly really rare- said by other missionaries- and then she went off about how she just wants to be happy and that she hates being sick and that she only gets one hour of sleep every night. We talked about how the gospel will bring her real happiness. She kinda wasn't having it saying that God should've made her happy already if He wants her to be happy. I gave her challenge. I said if you read your Book of Mormon everyday and pray for help everyday, you will notice a slow change and will become more happy. Then she said she would and we left shortly after. The next morning she called and said she got 2 1/2 hours of sleep. She was happy with that. YES! I was so excited! We meet with her again this week so hopefully it goes well. In other news here are some side notes,

Everyone always asks me, "Isn't Davis a boy name?" everyday! ha they don't get it. But it gives me laugh and then I tell them its my last name. So many people speak a tinsy bit of English and they're always trying to talk to me. Its kinda rough sometimes because I cannot understand half of them.. ha Everyone always tells me I look like someone famous and majority of the time they say Anne Hathaway. Haven't gotten that one in a while. But someone also said Denise Richards. Not sure who that is. But tons of people tell me everyday that I look like an actress. probably because I'm the only white person they've ever seen. ha really though some younger people have never seen a white person until they meet me. kinda weird. Oh also there is this little family that i LOVE! Its a mom- T***, her daughter- C*** who is 8, and son- T*** who is 4. Her husband and older son never come to appointments. But I love them! T*** reminds me of C*** (Amy's nephew) so much! So cute. But they love us! ha they call us like everyday and love to play with us. T*** is super funny and it's the worst cause I can't understand her... ha but I think we have a funny relationship because of it. She's always saying Davischaaan! in her accent. ha chan is what you call kids so its funny. but yeah.. all the other investigators are AWESOME! And I already invited like 80 people to come and stay with us in America so you cant move yet.. :) thanks!  

Okay answers to your questions:
 
ESL? English Class? only Wednesday. We only do house tracting like once or twice a week. Usually we just street contact. We teach a lot of lessons though so some days we don't even tract at all. My companion makes Japanese food a lot. But I only eat it sometimes cause when I threw up, I threw up Japanese food and now its like... ehhh. But only the type I ate that day. Some of it I love! But usually I just make my own food. speaking of food, will you send me some recipes? like no bake cookies and chocolate chip cookies? thank you! We ride the train half of the time and bikes half of the time. Its nice. Yesterday we did a lot of walking and my feet killed. I'm glad we have other means of transportation. ha I'm still not so used to riding my bike in a skirt. it gets caught in the wheel sometimes. Its super frustrating because then I have a big black mark on my skirt.. okay that's all!  

Have a good week! Miss you all! LOVE YOU!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment