Hello hello! This week was just another week in Kumagaya. We had a few
lessons planned and all of them fell through. Kinda a bummer but we kept working
through it! We found a few new investigators so thats good. The Baptism was
awesome! T was so cute! I was sitting by her in the meeting before she was
baptized and she started crying and was saying she was so nervous but I told her
it was just the sprit so strong that her heart was beating. But after she
was baptized she gave the sweetest testimony and she was like "all my sins are
gone!!" LIke she was in awe. So cute. I'm sad I didn't get to teach her the last two
months but I'm happy I got to go back for her Baptism. This week we just did a
lot of housing. We ding on the door bell or the "ping-pong" and we talk to
people through intercoms. They mostly say "kekko desu" which means "thanks, but no
thanks". We're trying all kinds of ways to get people to listen to us like
asking good questions or talking about America and stuff. It's fun but so far no
one has let us in but we're gonna find someone soon! No one here believes in God
or knows much about Christ so we're still trying to figure that out. When we ask
people if they've ever thought about life after death or about God the majority
of the time they say no. Weird right? They just are content but not so content
with their lives just ending. But it's interesting to learn how to flow into how
awesome our message is. We were actually able to teach these two 16 year old
girls. We're still trying to find out if they're interested in church or just us.
haha They are obsessed with gaijin(foreigners). We didn't get to watch conference
yet. we will watch it next week at the church with all of our ward. They have to
wait until they get the dvd with the Japanese translation. But I'm so looking
forward to watching it! I cant believe its been one year since the announcement
and I'm here in Japan actually serving a mission! Its crazy. I love it though. We
see miracles everyday! So thank you all for your prayers, I love you
all!
愛してるよ!
デイビス姉妹
Baptism! she was so cute!!
|
Us with our 16 year olds we taught. Those are giant Snowies. So good!
|
We bought awesome glasses and tried to dress all Japanese to match.
We had too much fun that day.
But really, check out those glasses. haha
|
| Shimai Bagley |
No comments:
Post a Comment